|Aloha E Komo Mai! Welcome!
We are a gathering place for information about so-called "smart" meters and the "smart grid" initiative in Hawaii. We are smart people and we don't believe this project is very wise!
The Smart Meter RF Testing Report on Maui Smart Meters alleging that the meters are safe is seriously flawed. Click here to learn more.
Please Sign Our Petition to Stop the "Smart Grid" in Hawaii until the safety of the technology involved can be proven: Click here to sign.
A resolution for a statewide moratorium on smart meters was introduced in March 2014. Sadly it died in committee.
Click here to view the Resolution for a Moratorium on Smart Meters (HR146)
To view or purchase this compelling new documentary click on this link: http://ykr.be/c1oel3it.
"Smart" Meter/Grid Facts:
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has called for a moratorium on smart meters based on the documented health hazards of microwave/radio frequency radiation from smart meters. www.AAEMonline.org
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has categorized radio frequency radiation as a Class 2B potential carcinogen (like lead, DDT and car exhaust).
- So far 57 local governments, mostly in California representing almost 4 million people, have passed ordinances that ban smart meter installations or make them illegal in their jurisdictions.
- After lying to the public and being ordered by an administrative law judge to answer specific questions, Pacific Gas & Electric disclosed the average number of radio frequency pulses from their smart meter were about 14,000 a day and the maximum would be over 190,000 pulses a day.
- In Hawaii: Kauai is blanketed with smart meters; Oahu will have almost ten thousand by end of April, 2014; Maui has 91 smart meters in Kihei (Maui Meadows). HECO Companies plans to roll-out smart meters all over Oahu, the Big Island and all of Maui County by 2018.
- Smart meters tie into a "smart grid" that dangerously compromises energy security by making the entire power grid vulnerable to hacking and cyber attacks.
- Those with access to smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
- Smart meters are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and State wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private, personal activities and behaviors without the consent or knowledge of those who are monitored. With analysis of certain smart meter data, unauthorized and distant parties may determine medical conditions, physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns, personal information and habits of the occupants.
- Hawaii utility companies have not adequately disclosed their smart meter radio frequency specifications, or the particular recording and transmission capabilities of their smart meters, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.
Contact Hawaii Officials and Voice Your Concerns! Smart Meters Are Being Installed Across the State Right Now!
Hawaii Public Utilities Commission: 808-586-2020 email@example.com
Govenor Abercrombie: 808-270-7855
Please Sign Our Petition: Click here to sign.