|E Komo Mai! Welcome to Stop Smart Meters Hawaii.
are a gathering place for information about so-called smart
meters and the "smart grid" project in Hawaii. We are smart people and we don't believe this
project is very wise!
Please Sign Our Petition to Stop the "Smart Grid" in Hawaii: Click here to sign.
Smart Meter Facts:
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has called for a moratorium on smart meters in homes and schools based on the documented health hazards of radio frequency radiation from smart meters. www.AAEMonline.org
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has categorized radio frequency radiation as a Class 2B carcinogen.
- So far 55 local governments in California, representing almost 4 million people, have passed ordinances that make smart meter installations illegal in their jurisdictions.
- Kauai electric utility (KUIC) Board of Directors has been served a summons to appear in Federal Court for a possible injunction to halt smart meter installation on Kauai. www.KauaiTruth.com
- After lying to the public and being ordered by an administrative law judge to answer specific questions, Pacific Gas & Electric disclosed the average number of radio frequency pulses from their smart meter were about 14,000 a day and the maximum would be over 190,000 pulses a day.
- Smart meters individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated, causing invasion of privacy. They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
- Smart meters tie into a "smart grid" that dangerously compromises energy security by making the entire power grid vulnerable to solar flares and cyber attacks. www.ThePowerFilm.org
- Those with access to smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
- Smart meters are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and State wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private, personal activities and behaviors without the consent or knowledge of those who are monitored. With analysis of certain smart meter data, unauthorized and distant parties may determine medical conditions, physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns, personal information and habits of the occupants.
- Hawaii utility companies have not adequately disclosed their smart meter radio frequency specifications, or the particular recording and transmission capabilities of their smart meters, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.
Contact Hawaii Officials and Voice Your Concerns! Smart Meters Are Being Installed in South Maui Right Now!
Rep. Kaniela Ing (South Maui): 808-586-8525 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawaii Public Utilities Commission: 808-586-2020 email@example.com
Mayor Arakawa: 808-270-7855 Mayors.Office@co.maui.us
Govenor Abercrombie: 808-270-7855
Please Sign Our Petition: Click here to sign.